HERSUS IO5 – Book of courses is the fifth HERSUS intellectual output, designed and developed in a form of Course/curriculum and Imaginary Study Program Concept. The development of the ”Book of courses” is in direct relation to the need for the introduction of innovative curriculums within the thematic framework of sustainability and heritage, among the partner organizations, and also other organizations in participating countries in Europe. The development of the IO5 is essential for the HEI system in European countries, for its alignment with European standards, and for creating opportunities for long-term partnerships between HEIs in the field of architectural and urban studies. The need for this output is also directly related to the objective to improve the practical arena of urban and architectural design.
The aim is to collect all experiences from the previous phases of the project (see Results section) in order to create sustainable academic courses, which would educate new generations of professionals.
Regarding content, IO5 includes following course collections:
- FUNDAMENTALS – theoretical unit, compulsory in its nature imagined as a framework and a foundation of the whole program;
- DESIGN STUDIO – practical unit, elective in its nature imagined as a research-design core of the program; and
- SPECIALISATION – an applied unit that covers all kinds of tools and assessments, as well as other technical, artistic, social, etc. methodological skills elective in nature intended to support design studio unit.
- Comparative analysis of MASTER THESIS framework of HERSUS HEIs is provided, as well as DEMONSTRATIONS of existing practices of Design Studio; and
- Additionally, SWOT Analysis of existing study programs of HERSUS partners is annexed to IO5.